Call for Abstracts
The Tetrahedron Asia 2017 Organising Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for poster presentation at the Symposium on the following themes. A small number of abstracts will be selected to give short oral presentations within the invited oral programme and authors should indicate if they wish their abstracts to be considered.
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by 30 March 2017. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended and abstracts will only be accepted if the author has registered and paid by the early bird registration deadline of 12 May 2017.
All accepted abstracts will be included within the Symposium Proceedings and registered delegates only will receive a copy.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for Tetrahedron Asia 2017 should be emailed to programTetra@racicongress.com.
Dates and Deadlines
|Call for Abstracts opens||September 2016|
|Call for Abstracts closes||30 March 2017|
|Authors notified of results||April 2017|
|Presenter/Early bird registration deadline||12 May 2017|
Abstract Submission Details
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be original work.
- An abstract must be submitted by the presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed a maximum of 250 words and should follow the approved template.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 30 March 2017 for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by early April 2017 and will also be notified if the abstract has been selected for an oral or poster presentation.
- To be formally accepted, abstract authors must be registered and paid to attend Tetrahedron Asia 2017 by 12 May 2017.
- Use limited references (e.g. Smith 1999) and only if necessary.
- Abstract submissions are strictly limited to a maximum of five per person (across all RACI Centenary Congress partner conferences) and a maximum of three oral presentations.
- An abstract can only be submitted once; each submission must be unique.
- All abstracts formally accepted will be published in the Congress Proceedings and as submitted. Should you require changes you may either email an updated version to the Symposium Secretariat or make amendments via the Presenters’ Portal before the submission deadline. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the Call for Abstracts closes.
Abstracts for Tetrahedron Asia 2017 can be submitted under one of the following themes. Please select the most appropriate theme for your abstract in the Presenters’ Portal.
- New reagents, catalysts, strategies and concepts for organic synthesis
- Synthesis and functional properties of molecules
- Total synthesis of natural products
- Stereoselective synthesis
- Mechanistic organic chemistry
- Biosynthetic pathways
- Bioorganic chemistry and medicinal chemistry
- Organic materials
- Molecular recognition
- Sustainable organic chemistry
Abstracts invited for poster presentations. 3-4 abstracts will be selected for oral presentations of 15 minutes within the invited oral programme. Please indicate if you wish your abstract to be considered for an oral presentation.
Poster: A physical printed poster identifying the abstract/s research and/or findings, A0 size (portrait), to be stuck to an allocated poster board and presented during allocated poster session/s. Delegates will be able to view all posters throughout the duration of the event.
Oral: 12 contributed slots will be available for oral presentations, a spoken presentation, including question and answer time (i.e. 12mins presentation + 3mins Q&A). Presenters show the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a Power Point presentation.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in Tetrahedron Asia 2017:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to Tetrahedron Asia 2017.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the Tetrahedron Asia 2017 Symposium Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.