Call for Abstracts
The AHeDD Organising Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation within the Symposium program. Submissions are sought for oral and poster presentations and can be made via the Presenters’ Portal button above.
All abstracts must follow the instructions listed below and be submitted online by 30 March 2017. Please note that the closing date for abstract submission will not be extended and abstracts will only be accepted if the author has registered and paid by the early bird registration deadline of 12 May 2017.
All accepted abstracts will be included within the Sympsoium Proceedings and registered delegates only will receive a copy.
All enquiries regarding abstracts for AHeDD should be emailed to programAHeDD@racicongress.com.
Dates and Deadlines
|Call for Abstracts opens||26 July 2016|
|Call for Abstracts closes||30 March 2017|
|Authors notified of results||April 2017|
|Presenter/Early bird registration deadline||12 May 2017|
Abstract Submission Details
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be reviewed.
- Abstracts should be original work.
- An abstract must be submitted by the presenting author.
- Abstracts must not exceed a maximum of 250 words and should follow the approved template.
- All abbreviations must be spelled out on first use.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 30 March 2017 for consideration by the Scientific Program Committee. Authors will be notified of provisional acceptance of abstracts by early April 2017 and will also be notified if the abstract has been selected for an oral or poster presentation.
- To be formally accepted, abstract authors must be registered and paid to attend AHeDD by 12 May 2017.
- Use limited references (e.g. Smith 1999) and only if necessary.
- Abstract submissions are strictly limited to a maximum of five per person (across all RACI Centenary Congress partner conferences) and a maximum of three oral presentations.
- An abstract can only be submitted once; each submission must be unique.
- All abstracts formally accepted will be published in the Conference Proceedings and as submitted. Should you require changes you may either email an updated version to the Conference Secretariat or make amendments via the Presenters’ Portal before the submission deadline. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted after the Call for Abstracts closes.
Abstracts for AHeDD can be submitted under one of the following themes. Please select the most appropriate theme for your abstract in the Presenters’ Portal.
- Chemoinformatics, Bioinformatics, and Big Data in Drug Discovery and Development
- Systems Biology, Pharmacogenomics in in Drug Discovery and Development
- Protein Structure and Structure-Guided Molecular Design
Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations:
Oral: A 15-minute spoken presentation, including question and answer time (i.e. 12mins presentation + 3mins Q&A). Presenters show the research and/or findings of their accepted abstract in a Power Point presentation.
Poster: A physical printed poster identifying the abstract/s research and/or findings, A0 size (portrait), to be stuck to an allocated poster board and presented during allocated poster session/s. Delegates will be able to view all posters throughout the duration of the event.
Please note, if an overwhelming number of oral presentation submissions are received, the Review Committee reserves the right to offer poster presentations for some of these abstracts.
Terms and Conditions
The submission of an abstract indicates an understanding of the following rules for participation in AHeDD:
- All author(s) approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The author(s) transfer(s) all copyright ownership of the named abstract to AHeDD.
- The author(s) agree(s) to materially confine their presentations to information in the abstract if accepted for presentation. If an author has more than one abstract accepted, each presentation will be materially confined to the information in the abstract selected for the specific session.
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program. The authors will immediately notify the AHeDD Conference Secretariat if they are unable to present an abstract or if the presenting author is changed. The organisers reserve the right to remove a presentation from the program.